Risotto alla Milanese
Ingredients for 4 people:
1 Teaspoon Saffron powder
2 Tablespoons warm water
5 cups chicken broth
1 and a half Tablespoon butter
1/3 Cup white onions, finely diced
1 Cup of Principe Arborio Rice
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
Pepper to taste
- Soak Saffron in a small bowl with warm water and set aside. In a saucepan, bring broth to a simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add oil and onion and sauté until very soft (do not allow to brown).
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to coat each grain. When rice begins to make a cracking sound, reduce heat to medium low and add 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the wine is absorbed. Add 1/2 cup of the warm broth and cook, continuing to stir, until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Add 2 cups of broth at a time stirring over a low heat until all the liquid has been absorbed. Test rice, it should be just "al dente". Add soaked saffron mixture and mix well.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in the Parmesan Cheese. Add freshly ground pepper and serve.